Saturday, November 17, 2012

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Review


On 2010 Treyarch give the Call of Duty fans what they were waiting for a long time, an actual big change in the Call of Duty franchise. After last years big disappointment with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 being almost the same as Modern Warfare 2, everyone question was: “Is Treyarch going to do the same with Black Ops 2 or Call of Duty will finally move on?”. That question was answered last Tuesday with the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and this is what we got.

Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 takes place in the near future (2025) and tells the story of David Mason, son of Call of Duty: Black Ops I protagonist, Alex Mason. You will play as both character through the campaign mode and experience both, missions in the future and in the past, mixing both stories.

The game graphics in Call of Duty: Black Ops II are quiet the same as we saw in Black Ops I , only a little upgrade, in weapons and maybe in the characters itself, but not a major change. 

In Black Ops II players will find some new adds to the gameplay such as the ability to become invisible with a spacial jacket and now at some points of the mission, the players will be allowed to choose one of two ways to complete the mission, like going sniper or rushing through the battleground.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer is quite entertaining too, and I think no matter if you are a casual or a hardcore gamer you will enjoy the multiplayer.

The maps are good like always some big, some small, others medium size maps. They included MW3’s kill confirmed mode which people liked a lot in MW3, they did not included infected mode which I would personally would have enjoyed having it, but its all good. They also changed the create a class system, now you have 10 points you have to use in order to create your class, they also have these new “perks” that are called “wildcards” these allows you kind of an extra perk like for example removing your secondary for a second primary or having three attachments on your primary gun. 

Also now your kill streaks are called “Score Streaks” because now you don’t get them by kills, but by completing the objective and killing so you can make point and use your streaks. 

Zombies are now divided in two game modes and are even more difficult that they were before. They also give the player the ability to customize their games in which you can select things like “Head Shots Only” etc.

 The new Zombie game modes are called “TranZit and Grief”.
TranZit is a mode where you start in a selected part of a huge map and you got to get into a bus to get to the other part of the map or you can just go walking (which I don’t recommend). Some of the new features includes a crafting table in which you can build some kinds of equipments to help you out in the game, for example, instead of having to find the “Light Switch” to open some doors or activate the “Perks Cola Machines” you can just find some pieces and craft a portable energy plant that will give you access to all this without needing the lights on. And yes you can use this more than once, but is not infinite. 

Grief is the second and newest game mode in which there are two teams of four in a map, and you have tho choose if all of you want to survive together or make the game a little more competitive trying to make the other team die. So the eight of you can try to make some high scores or kill each other and the first team to die looses the match. 

Like I said before, Zombies has become more difficult than ever and I personally think it has become a teamwork game. I recommend that if you really want to have a good time playing, you better play with some friends with your microphones ON or at least with some way to communicate, because now more than ever, this game requires team work. 

I conclude saying That Call of Duty is a good game for any FPS player. Maybe it doesn’t have mayor changes but some of the new features of the game make it really fun to play, for example, now you can play Zombies Mode on split screen with up to three other players.
For me Call of Duty: Black Ops II score would be a 8/10 first because we didn’t see really mayor changes from the last Black Ops game, and second because at least for PlayStation 3, the game has been having some problems with the servers on the Multiplayer. But remember this is just my opinion, feel free to get the game, play it yourself and give it your own score.

- WOLF


Hi guys, first I want to thanks WOLF for helping me with this review. I am a little short on money so I couldn’t buy the game, hope to have it really soon. But I want to make a little review myself but from what I’ve seen on the internet like game plays, pictures and other reviews by IGN or GameInformer.

I want to start with the graphics, I really don’t feel like Treyarch wanted to make a real change on them. I personally think they were so focused on making the Multiplayer fun that they forget they could actually mix good multiplayer with new graphics. But I also have to say I really like the sound of the guns, vehicles and everything. CoD: Black Ops II has really good sound. 

In zombies mode I really like the overall, but with the Grief mode I feel like Treyarch should have been more creative in the ways you play the offensive like add some cool stuff you can do to the other team, not just a simple knife or whatever they put. 

But besides that I have to say I really like how the multiplayer experience has change. I really like the sound and I heard it on a YouTube video I can’t imagine what it will be like in real life. 
So I give Call of Duty: Black Ops II an 8.5. But like we always say, this is our opinion, feel free to get the game and play it yourself so you can give it your own score.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is the third out of five games to enter the SOTG’s 2012 Game of The Year.

- Alekz

No comments:

Post a Comment